Rev. matthew syrdal
Rev. Matthew Syrdal is the associate pastor of spiritual formation at Grace Presbyterian Church. He attended University of Washington to pursue a degree in visual communications, worked in the software and online e-commerce industry as a creative director for a number of years. Matt is an artist of the soul. His love of form and symbol from his design days has translated into a passion for exploring the human depths, ancestry, mythology, and poetry, and wild natural landscapes. Matt has studied ancient Christian rites of initiation, psychology and spirituality, and is also a speaker and wilderness guide for adolescents and adults.
Below is a sample of Featured sermons, blogs, articles, curricula for all ages, and key-notes for conferences that are representative of Matt's theology and praxis within the Presbyterian Church (USA). For any other inquiries, feel free to reach Matt at email@example.com.
Sermons, blogs & articles
2017-4-9: "If Stones Could Speak"
Featured Articles & Blogs
From July 11th, 2017 post in JesusRadicals.com: "Worship As Wild Courtship"
From July 22nd, 2017 post in AllCreation.org: "Rewilding Our Narrative"
EDucation & Formation
- Children's Creation Curricula "Saw That It Was Good"
- Handout #1 "Saw That It Was Good"
- Adult Lenten Discipleship "The Way"
- "Landscapes of Lent" Small Group Workbook
- 2016 Youth Winter Retreat Itinerary "Logos"
- 2016 Youth Winter Retreat "Logos: Finding Your True Identity"
- 2016 Small Group Leaders
- 2016 Logos: Nature-based Exercises
Mission Trip Curricula
- Mission Trip Devotional "Mission As Quest"
- Mission Leader Packet "Mission As Quest"
Conferences / Workshops
- 2014 APCE "Emerging Leadership & Human Development"
- 2016 APCE "Untamed Mind of Christ"